Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Say No to Crack!

I walk around a public place and see many women, and men, with less than perfect bumbums. Cracks are exposed more and more and at alarming rates! And not in a good way. It's the one thing that can be fixed without implants and the one muscle group that women have the most trouble with.

Are you or someone you know suffering from an overabundant, saggy, flat, indented behind or even concave behind? It's become such a problem that people are actually getting implants for it?!? Crazy!

Over the years I became known as the Goddess of Glutes because of my own badunkadunk and my ability to build them on clients of all ages, shapes and sizes. Yes, I have good genetics but there were only two times in my life when I lost my bum: Once when I was in 6th grade after I gained my weight back following a short stint with Jenny Craig and a second time when I was a size 3...

At a time when I had only been a personal trainer for 7 months, and was the thinnest I had ever been, I was approached by the guy working the front desk at my gym. He said to me "You know, I am really proud of your massive weight loss and impressed at your hard work and dedication...but you lost your ass! It was amazing!!" For a girl who has always gotten attention for my behind, that was a ginormous blow to the ego. I vowed never to lose it again!

Squats and lunges became a staples in my training and I began to understand the correlation between flexibility of the hamstrings and proper formation of gluteal muscles. In a nutshell...I had it down pat. It became clear to me that the glutes are a wonderfully easy part of the body to shape and sculpt.

Unfortunately for many women the rump is not a symmetrical balance to the rest of their body so their pants don't fit right (ie: crack attack) causing them to slide down while sitting...reminiscent of my old Ken doll who's polyester pants exposed his crack every time he sat in Barbie's Dream car...or bunch up in the wrong spots while standing/walking. We also have many who are afraid to show it off due to cellulite. So what to do?

Here are a few tips for consideration when building your luscious lady lumps:
1) stay flexible-many women who are stiff end up using their quads to perform a squat or lunge more than their glutes. When you stay flexible you are able to get a better range of motion and activate the glutes more effectively.
2) when doing cardio think stairs or incline-this movement will incorporate the use of glute muscles and help them grow, but make sure you place more of your weight in your heels rather than your toes
3) drink hot water-I know it sounds strange but cellulite is caused many toxins built up in the fat cells and lyphatic system. The easiest way to clear that out is to sip on hot water throughout the day.

Anyone is capable of having the bootie of their dreams. With the right tools, program and healthy eating habits your pants and bikinis will fit like never before!

No comments:

Post a Comment