Monday, August 29, 2011

Taking a Chance on Yourself

Yep. It happened once again. You trusted someone to do something and they didn't handle it in the way you would have chosen it to be handled. The feelings you are left with may include depression, frustration, sadness, loneliness...but in the end you only have yourself to blame.

This is NOT a doom and gloom story so read on...

We as humans are wired with this funny way of making everyone responsible for our life except the one person who really has the most control: our own selves. We can go around blaming our problems, turmoil and lacking on someone else but have we really sat down to think about how great it would have turned out if we took the initiative to do it ourselves?

Ever meet someone who you just know will be great and you put all your time and effort into building them up only to have them collapse? Where do you end up in that situation? In network marketing, a common misconception is that the team leaders don't care about you because you are not giving them as much time and energy as you feel you need. BUT the team leaders know if they spend all their energy on just one person, who may or may not be a fast business builder, they run the risk of missing out on opportunities to help other team mates who may be self-motivated and actually do something spectacular with their business. Perception of the situation can go both ways and each party feels they are right.

Think about it this way-If I don't study for school, I can't blame anyone for my bad test scores other than myself. So knowing this, I have to take the time to assess each situation before I offer to help someone advance. Without confidence in myself, my mission and my journey it would be easy to let things get in the way and put faith in someone else's courage rather than my own. Without confidence in myself, I can find other people to live out my dreams and put all my faith in them to build them up...this way, if they fail...it's them not me...Make sense?

When we do not go out and live the life that is waiting for us, we can't blame anyone else for our missing pieces. We have no excuse or reason to complain because we are choosing not to take control.

In life, we have a choice each day- to live or to die. If you choose to die (die as in being numb to life and ignoring the opportunities that present themselves daily) then you sit on the couch watching your life be lived by someone else. If you choose to live then you stay present in every moment, live each day to the fullest and essentially suck the marrow from life. This is when you find your true peace, joy and fulfillment.

Take a chance on yourself and start living the life you were born to live. Start taking a chance on you and believe that you are capable of great things. See your true potential as you see in others and go find what it is that truly makes you happy.

An authentic life begins with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment