Friday, August 12, 2011

I'm Calling it QUITS!!!

I know, I know...Nobody likes a quitter. But hear me out-

Remember the times when ice cream and hot sunny day went hand in hand? The days when salty chips with ranch dip and a ice cold, hurt-your-teeth-sweet soda made the long day at the pool complete...the childhood memories skim on the palette like a symphony of notes playfully dancing the waltz with your taste buds.

Now, it's as if we have forgotten what it's like to live, just for the moment and be so present that we give every last bit of energy we have to that experience. As a kid, we can remember each and every detail- the sites, smells and sounds.

As an adult, we get so wrapped up in the past or the future that we forget to live in this moment, right now. If you have ever looked back at a time or event in your life and wished that you would have stopped to look around a bit so you could remember more of it, you know exactly what I am talking about.

So how does this all impact our overall health? Just like this: when you are wagging a war in your heart over any of your primary foods(career, spirituality, relationships or physical activity) your body goes into survival mode. This means you automatically store fat rather than burn it. It's like a barrier or shield to protect you from the blows of life.

Did you know that when you gain weight, the fat cells actually store the chemical emotion linked to the time in your life that you gained the weight? That means you store baggage whether you want to or not! EEK!!! Now also understand that as you lose weight, those emotions are released into your blood stream and you feel depressed, angry and frustrated because chemically you are reliving that experience. This is a common problem for people who are attempting to lose weight. It's not that they don't have will power because they do. It's not that they don't try, they do. The issue is that the ANT's(automatic negative thoughts) are crawling out of the fat cells as they burn and infesting the brain with gook!

The easiest way to combat this is to remain present. Focus on the beauty around you right now and think of how blessed you are to be here. Imagine how energetic you feel when you work out and eat right. Feel the connection you have with your inner self. Create moments to spend quality time with your loved ones. Find a career that suits your personality and allows you to grow.

When I say that I'm calling it quits, I am. I live life being true to my authentic self. If something is not working I'll change it rather than complain about it. No longer will I allow my external forces to determine my health. From where I stand my war is over. I don't need to fight because I am too focused on enjoying the present moment. Worry and doubt have no place in my heart...my body reflects it, as will yours!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment